TIP TOP ORIGINAL HOLD POMADE
Tip Top Original Pomade formula provides shine and great hold with a mild scent
Perfect for any haircut or style
Product is water soluble washes out of your hair easily.
Formulated, manufactured, tested, and approved by our own barbers in So Cal USA
Tried and True
BUY 12 GET 1 FREE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
Wow! I've found a good water-based pomade finally. I've reviewed a few other pomades and have personally used Sauvecito Firme, Sauvecito Premium Blend (matte and regular), Layrite original, Imperial (matte and regular), Rocky Mountain pomade, and a few others. I'm not a pomade expert, but I know what works for me. Like many hair products, what works for me might not for you. A background: Auburn, fair hair. Cut into a side-part/undercut. Fairly basic.
- Spreads easily when warmed in the hand. Goes on easily, slides through damp hair and gets picked up well
- Washes out easily as it should (water-based)
- Hits a great medium hold.
- Can work my fingers through it throughout the day (just pliable enough. Not as good as an oil-based, but definitely satisfactory!)
- Very reasonable price per ounce.
- Good looking can, if that matters to you.
- Scent isn't great. It's certainly not at all horrible. It's just very mild and unnoticeable after applied. However, I do tend to like pomades that add a little bit of a scent. Minor con though. I'd rather have a product that works than smells great.
- Although pliable, I can't say it's the best at re-wetting throughout the day. It does adequately, but I feel like it breaks it down and you're left with having to reapply.
- Like many water-based, it requires a bit more product to do the same as an oil-based. You may need to check on it more throughout the day.
First pomade I’m using because it has a great value.
Hold the hair form as needed. Easy wash and re-styling. Scent isn’t aggressive.